Sunday 4 May 2014

THE BACK STORY!


Kochin, India
 
Gokarna, India


Royal Langkawi Yacht Club, Malaysia
 
 
I stumbled across my first sailing experience when my travel buddy and I were chasing our next adventure and were pointed in the direction of a Malaysian yacht race 'The Raja Muda'. We solely saw this as an opportunity for a free ride - not to mention some great parties. During this 'race' we met heaps of different yachties. One who eventually invited us on a voyage to the Mediterranean. Long story short, we sailed from Malaysia to India where the captain got sick. 9 months later we flew home- After finding ourselves and our inner peace, of course!

After the Raja Muda yacht race; a month in Langkawi getting the boat ready; a 3 week voyage and a lot of open ocean, my mind was blown! It was blown so much that owning a sailboat became my dream.

Over the next 8 years as I went from ridiculously poor traveller to working in the Western Australian mining industry the category of 'dream' got upgraded to 'goal' and I nearly bought a live aboard sailboat with my ex boyfriend.

With life, work and relationships changing, my 'goal' of owning a sailboat along with lots of other things, turned back into a 'dream' and got down graded to low priority - then I met Frank...

(enter suspenseful music here)


 FOLLOW MY ADVENTURE ON INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment