Wednesday 14 May 2014

BOAT BUYING

 

The Sea Trial

Camaron Cerviche
 

The Ole Volvo

 
 

 The second I got to La Paz I knew I had made the right decision going. I had semi organised to stay on Franks boat but was pretty vague on the details. He knew around when we were arriving and I just kind of figured I would meet him at our local bar. When I arrived he had organised a little welcome back gathering - with some of my favourite people that were still in La Paz, along with some friendly new faces. Instantly I was glad I had made the journey.
 
When your actually in La Paz, time slows down. Days feel like weeks and weeks feel like months. Luckily for me this meant not only could I get in some boat buying time, I also had plenty of time to eat all my favourite foods. Having a weeks worth of time in one day also meant that I could eat more than just 3 meals each day- which is exactly what I need when it comes to cramming all the best taco stands and restaurants into 3 days. 

On day two we went on a sea trial. Luckily for us there was just enough wind for a beautiful day of sailing. She comfortably fit 8 of us and handled perfectly. She is an incredibly sturdy yet forgiving sailboat and I was instantly in love. In love with the boat, in love with ocean and in love with the lifestyle. Only one minor oversight...

I really know very little about sailing!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Aimee, after a little over 4 years I still no very little about sailing as my engine hours will attest.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job proofreading, huh? I actually do know that that word is "know" and not "no".

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, even the best make grammatical mistakes :)

    I figure I will have to get my head around it at some point! Traveller first, Sailor second!

    ReplyDelete