Monday 12 May 2014

APPARENTLY YOU SHOULD VIEW A YACHT WHEN YOU BUY IT!


 

 
Hendo, Lulu, Frank & Steve at Costa Baja
 
When Frank told me about this boat I was intrigued. A 1978 Rafiki Cutter - the type of boat I had been originally dreaming of. A boat covered in Teak, that I could pretend was my own miniature pirate ship.

 I got as much info as I could from the owner and had friends (Frank included) go and look at it. I was going to make my decision blindly from Australia. - I didn't have the leave and was very uninterested at the thought of going all the way to Mexico just for my rostered week off.

I was at work in the shipping container (makeshift hose-shop) when I told my friend Hendo about the possible purchase. He was pretty adamant that I should at least go over and look at it before I made a decision. I wasn't keen but deemed it do-able to fly over on my one week break. $1500 flights being the decision maker.

Hendo seemed as intrigued by this boat as I was and I think the fact I was randomly heading to Mexico gave him a good excuse to get out of Port Hedland for a week, so off we trotted.
 
Going to Mexico for a week in itself was quite a feat. From Port Hedland to La Paz was nearly 40 hours each way. 4 flights, 4 airport lounges, many cocktails and a 2 hour drive. That left 4 nights/3 full days in Mexico.

FOLLOW MY ADVENTURE ON INSTAGRAM
 

No comments:

Post a Comment