Monday 19 May 2014

CURRENT - ISH

Karajini National Park, Western Australia

Hendo's leverage tool for changing the engine mounts

Diving Baja

Ok so I have found sailing, found Mexico, found a boat and bought it! Now were up to date...ish.

At current to sustain this lifestyle I am in Australia still working. My mate Hendo on the other hand was smart enough to quit his job and is in Mexico doing some work to my boat (absolute gun). He also has big plans of putting it back in the water and cruising around on it for a while. I am working to get back there.

In the meantime however, I have been lucky enough to have a two week on site, one week off site roster. Allowing me to be homeless and just about travel wherever I want for my week off, saving money by not paying rent and for a car, etc.

Over the past 18 months I have been floating between Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and Kalgoorlie. And been on trips to China, Mexico (twice), Thailand, Indo (twice), Broome, Kununurra, and briefly Karratha and Karajini. Not a bad effort considering I have had a full time job.

Right now I am in the middle of changing sites with an unexpected 2 weeks leave(paid being debated) in between.

So what do u do when your put on the next plane out of Port Hedland... You book more flights. Too expensive and not enough time to fly to Mexico, so 10 Days diving in the Gili Islands it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment