Tuesday 3 June 2014

SEA RESCUE


 
 
 
This recent trip to Gili T was to do my Sea Rescue dive course. I got there earlier because of my job change and went up to the dive shop where I have previously stayed. The dive shop section seemed to be closed and the accommodation empty. I stayed however for two nights until they kicked me out because they ran out of water. Luckily I ran into the dive instructor the night before - she was on leave but was due to be back to work in a couple of days.
 
I was a tiny bit down and out, I didn't instantly fall back in love with Gili and I was worried my re-visit was going to be a fail. I felt a little sad and disillusioned that the place I had loved so much the previous time didn't feel the same. We worked out that I could start the theory of my course on the Thursday and start the pool/shore dives on Friday and so was keen to give it a go. I decided to go live it up in a hotel in Senggigi, Lombok for a night at a nice hotel and just chill. Turned out to be a beautiful spot and I met some cool people.
 
After my hotel stay I went back to Gili and it just slipped back into the same awesomeness. I instantly met people, ate some delicious satay and the Gili love was back.

Sea Rescue course was another story though, somehow with a lot of things I do, I don't really pay attention to the reality of what is actually required and get lost in the excitement of the concept. This was one of those things. My instructor was awesome and super patient but I didn't really love the course, didn't really have lots of fun pretending to save drowning people... wasn't really my cup of tea. BUT... Its something great to know, especially with my goals of diving and boating. here's to hoping I never have to use it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment