Tuesday 10 June 2014

CAMP LIFE




Epic Sunsets



Mining Selfie

The only patch of grass at Camp

So I have never really worked on a remote mine site. I have done fly in fly out and lived in remote towns but never been based in a camp for the duration of my shift. 

So far I love it here. Even with the rig moral of mine site life.

It's a whole new experience. After 7 hours of online inductions, a day of inductions in Perth and 2 more days of inductions on site, I was finally allowed to start work, but still had to be passed out to operate forklifts that I have a nationally recognised license to do. 
 
Everyday we walk to the food hall on the same footpaths one behind the other, we get on the bus to go to work, we get off the bus, get breathalysed, do morning stretches and have a pre-shift meeting. It's Almost like a dictatorship minus the dictator, the poverty and the fact we get paid a sh*tload of money.
 
 And.. I am so stoked to be here. I'm really lucky to be working with a top crew of people. Everyone so far has been really friendly (possibly helps being part of the female minority) and the work itself is good. 
 The wildlife from the mice that occupy our workspace to the cows
that wander across the road constantly keep me entertained. Apparently we have a resident bungarrow that I am yet to meet.

At the moment I am on nightshift, It's freezing cold up here at night! Whoever said the Pilbara is hot, lied!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment